CSUSB Faculty: Check-Out Policies
Can I renew the items I check out?
Yes, you are allowed one renewal per item unless there is a hold on it. Renew items online via My Library Account, or in person at the Check-Out Desk.
Can someone else check out library materials for me?
Full time and part time faculty may authorize anyone you choose to check out library materials on your behalf, but you are financially responsible. Bring the person you want to authorize with you to the Check-Out Desk and ask for the Library Faculty Authorization Card; both of you will need to show ID.
Can I check out library materials from other libraries?
Your Coyote OneCard is good at all CSU libraries. For other libraries, please contact them to find out what their policy is.
Loan Periods by Type of Material
- Books: 6 months (full-time faculty), 3 months (part-time or emeritus)
- Featured Books: 2 weeks
- Audio Books: 2 weeks (no renewals)
- Periodicals: 1 week (no renewals)
Note: issues in plastic covers in the first floor display do not circulate.
- Art Prints: 28 days
- Audiocassettes & CDs: 2 weeks
- DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.: 1 week, limit of 5 total which may include 1 boxed set (faculty may request an extension of a week)
- iPads (students, faculty, and staff): 4 hours
- Lost or damaged materials: cost of repair or replacement plus $10 service charge per item.
- Featured Books & Audio Books: $1 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.: $2 per day, per item; maximum of $26 per item.
- Boxed DVD sets with one or more missing discs: replacement cost of entire set plus $10 service charge.
- iPads $10 per hour, per item; maximum of $480.
Placing a Hold or a Recall
Is the book you need already checked out? Place a hold (anytime) or recall (after 28 days) on it in person at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor, or online through the Pfau Library Catalog. We will notify you via email when it is returned. Another solution that may be faster is to request the book through our Interlibrary Loan service.
Placing a Search Request
Can't locate an item on the shelf? Place a search request on it at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. You will be notified by email if the item is located.
Paying Fines or Fees
Payments may be made in cash or by check, payable to the Pfau Library, at the Check-Out Desk on first floor. Billing notices and overdue reminders are sent via email. If you have questions, talk to a staff member at the Check-Out Desk in person or by phone (909-537-5090). To see if you owe fines, check My Library Account.