Laptop Lending Program
Current CSUSB students with valid Coyote OneCards (university ID) may check out MacBook Pro laptops capable of running either Mac OS X or Windows 7 at the Check-Out Desk. Laptops come with Kensington locks and chargers, and may leave the library building. Laptops print wirelessly to Printer 3 at the Reference Desk
Prioer to borrowing a laptop for the first time, the borrower must sign a form accepting responsibility for the laptop and the feeds associated with not returning it, or returning it late or damaged. Laptops MUST be returned in person at the Check-Out Desk and all laptops must be returned when the library closes regardless of the amount of time left on the loan.
Loan Period / Renewals: Laptops may be borrowed for a four-hour period. They may be renewed only once for an additional four-hour period. Renew in person at the Check-Out Desk, or online via My Library Account. However, if you owe more than $25.00 in library fines, you must renew in person at the Check-Out Desk.
Overdue fee: $10 an hour for a maximum of $480. After 48 hours, it is considered lost and a replacement fee will be charged.
Lost, stolen, or damaged replacement fees:
- Up to $1,300 for laptops
- $40 for Kensington locks
- $80 for power chargers
- $15 for laptop cases
|Mac OS X||Windows 7|
- Can I take the laptop to class?
- Yes, laptops may leave the library building.
- Can I keep a laptop overnight?
- No. The laptop and accessories must be returned before the library closes at the end of the day, regardless of the amount of time left on the loan.
- Where will my print job go?
- Inside the library, print jobs are sent to Printer 3 located on the north side of the Reference Desk, on the first floor.
- Can I place a hold on a laptop or reserve it?
- Can I save documents on the laptop?
- Not exactly. Any files saved on the laptop will disappear when the laptop is restarted or turned on. Be certain to save your files to a USB drive, or upload them to a Web service such as Google Docs.